Reviews of TV shows, movies and books.

Monday, September 10, 2007

New TV Season: A good reason to BLOG

In another week or two, the new fall season will begin for many returning shows and new shows. What better reason to get my blog up and running again??



I'm looking forward to the return of Desperate Housewives, Grey's Anatomy, CSI (Las Vegas), Biggest Loser, Without a Trace, Brothers and Sisters, the Office and Boston Legal. Some new shows that look promising or, at least, interesting are Journeyman (reminiscent of Quantum Leap?), Pushing Daisies, Private Practice (Grey's spinoff-we'll see), Dirty Sexy Money, Moonlight (who doesn't like a good vampire?), Chuck and Life.



I will admit that I will miss (very much) the Gilmore Girls, Studio 60 and I still miss Men in Trees ( a new show last season that didn't last).



On cable I caught Tim Gunn's new show and even though I love him on Project Runway (can't wait for that to return) I found Tim Gunn's Guide to Style a little slow. I love makeover shows like What Not To Wear so I enthusiastically tuned into Tim's show. Maybe it will get better with time. The pace seemed slow and his co-host did not thrill me(Can't even remember her name--can you remember Stacy London's former co-host's name?? I can't so maybe there'll be some cast changes). She is nice enough but there is a slight attitude and she appeared a little stiff and standing next to Tim Gunn that's saying ALOT!!



And if you watch HGTV's Design Star, this week the last two contestants designed a hotel room. Who will you vote for: Kim? or Todd? I think Kim will win even though I like them both. Todd's designs are so original but Kim is so good on camera and her designs are more traditional. But I wish them both GOOD LUCK!



Off to watch Weeds and Californication. Watch for my reviews on those two shows......

1 comment:

stayathomefeminist said...

I too will miss Studio 60. Have you checked out Rescue Me or Damages which are both on Fx? Rescue me is hilarious and serious. A post 9/11 show with alcoholism, visions of the dead and Denis Leary makes it laugh-out-loud funny and sometimes so violent I cringe. Damages is intense, mysterious, confusing and wonderful. I like Heroes too. T.V. can be a beautiful thing. It's good to know what shows other like or are out there that I haven't heard of. Haven't seen the new show with the Project Runway guy - I loved him on that show as well. When does that show come back? Anyhow, thanks for writing!